Monday, September 28, 2009

Idiots





So I found this bronze statue in goodwill by accident. I saw a carved ebony bird which was intersting(?), when I notices a silver statue sitting next to it. It has too much detail and character to be some super mass produced garbage like you would find at Homegoods. I picked it up, and it was heavy. I though, this has to be a 'bronze'. Sure enough, I scratched the uneven silver paint off with my thumb nail. My next though was "what idiot would spray paint a bronze statue". The character and patina of a bronze statue is awe inspiring, yet someone out there thought "Hey you know what would make this better? A top coat coat of silver flake." I managed to get most of the paint off without damaging the underlining patina. It feels good to know that I saved this piece of art, and will cherish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment