Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Early American Modern Arm Chair


I have been eyeing this early modern American armchair at the goodwill outlet for 3 weeks. It was is discusting shape. The vinyl was caked in dirt and dust, and the lower cusion was covered over with green floral fabric (from curtains). I thought I could feel the original vinal seat under the curtain but I wasn't certain. I talked them down to $2 because it would take a lot of work to get it back in good shape. It took about 1 &1/2 hours to take appart the seat, remove the fabric, and scrub the vinyl. I was happy all the work payed off. After getting the fabric off, I found that a seam on the seat had ripped. I put duct tape on the underside of the vinyl for now. I may try to re-sew it from the inside, but not now. 

The chair is solid (and I mean solid) oak. It is upolsterd with two colors of vinyl; creame and brown. The bend in the back legs, tilting forward of the front legs, and contoured seat give it a great modern look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment