Saturday, January 16, 2010

Richard Claude Ziemann Etching "Leaving the Grove" 10/50 1966




I reciently became interested in etchings, after seeing an artists work during a local open studio tour. I couldn't afford one from the artist, but I have been looking in goodwill. This large etching was sitting in the window of one on the shops I frequent. I picked it up and I could tell it was a quality frame. It was titled, dated, signed, and was 16/50. I learned that the most desired prints are the fearlier ones, so that was a good sign. The frame had a sticker indicating it was framed in Lower Manhattan (another good sign).  I decided to purchase it for $9.99.

When I got home I did some research

Richard Claude Ziemann has works in the National Collection of Fine Arts, Smithsonian Institution; the Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC; The Library of Congress, D.C.; Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Brooklyn Museum of Art, Yale University Art Gallery.

Bio and Info from the Peter Ross Gallary

Exhibit in the Brooklyn Museum 1979

It turned out to be a piece of fine art

No comments:

Post a Comment