Thursday, December 3, 2009

Another Laurel Lamp


I have been having good luck lately. Laurel lamps are fairly hard to come by, but I just found another. This was in the bin at the goodwill outlet. It was burried under a pile of junk, covered in dust, the piece that holds the shade on was missing, and the mounting piece was bent. Luckly I was at the outlet where they don't care what you do (it's the last step before the dump). I canablized a junky lamp for the missing pieces (all generic and mass produced the parts made by laurel are in excellent condition). The lamp is cast brass, and it has very thin walnut veneers on the base. It cleaned up well and all the veneers are in great condition. A similar one is selling online for $595 on sale for $295. I purchased mine for $3.99

No comments:

Post a Comment