Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Eames Era White Molded VIKO Chair by Baumritter


I found this chair outside a Salvation Army near the donation pile. I ask an employee outside if they could price it. She said "No, thats property of Salvation army". I explained to her that I wasn't going to take it from the pile, I wanted to purchase it. Then she said "No you don't understand, we sit on it during breaks". She told me it had been sitting there for at least 2 years, under an overhang, and I could ask the store manager is she would sell it. I found the store manager and she said I could have it for $1.99.  The molded plastic seat was very dirty, and had dust and mildew on it. I brought it home, put it in the shower, and scrubbed it down with soft scrub. Vwalla! It's beautiful again

Viko was the modern furniture line of Baumritter furniture. The Viko line was produced in the 1950's. In the 1960's Baumritter Furniture changed its name and became Ethan Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment